Wednesday, May 15, 2013

3 days

Three days and we'll be departing for Kolkata! Just over 72 hours... I cannot believe it. So now the packing craze starts... "Do I really need this? Will I want that?" I'm questioning everything I'm packing. One thing that is going to be essential is an open mind..

I'm about to dive into a completely new culture. I've been told how hot it will be, how loud it will be, and I've been informed of all of the poverty we will see. Hearing about it is one thing, but in a few days when I'm immersed in everything that is Kolkata, I'm sure it will be slightly overwhelming and hit me pretty quickly. I'm so ready for that though. I'm ready for the adventure, ready to learn, ready to undergo a life changing event. I'm not exactly sure how this trip will change me, but it will definitely have a huge impact on me and change my perspective on life. Whatever the change will be, I'm ready for it and I'm open to it.

I hope that you all stay tuned to our blog to follow our journey as a group.  I'll do the best I can to put this experience into words so you can see my personal journey as well.

Best wishes to you all reading this, and please keep our group in your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment: