Sunday, May 31, 2015

Blog 2 from Christine

What is the secret behind this chai tea?
Will monsoon season begin before we leave Kolkata?
How do Indian people eat only with their right hands?
Is the garbage on the streets ever going to be officially cleaned up?
Did I just explain my thoughts correctly?
How many naked babies have I seen so far on this journey?
Do the residents at the Mother Houses ever have their teeth brushed? 
How can I get my hands on Lay's Spanish Tomato Tango in the states?
How changed will I be upon returning home?
Am I going to get sick?
Can I try some of that?
Can that man stop making kissy faces at us already?
Do the mawshees appreciate it when I try to speak Bangla?
Where is the love?
Why do the blind children have no eyes?
Is this their first time seeing a white person?
Is my love over these three weeks enough to give?
Can I tell Ellen Degeneres about these homeless canines?
Where should I put this poopy diaper?
Is Mary safely home?
Can I take a picture of this?
Have I lost or gained weight?
Is it okay to feel my own sorrows while in the midst of this experience?
Why do my pants keep ripping where the sun shouldn't shine?
Who can we trust?
Just how dirty are my feet?
Whose poop is that?
Can we drink the water here?
How much is too much?
Does my family sense how much I love them from afar?
Why is that goat indefinitely tied to a post?
Where are all of the women?
What is wrong and what is right?

Pensive,

Christine Bean Peloquin

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Christine you just made me giggle out loud in the MOVE office. Thanks for your honesty in this post. Likewise, thanks to each of the bloggers who offer perspective during this life changing experience. We continue to hold the group in our prayers each day and look forward to welcoming you home in a few short days. We also look forward to offering ears and hearts to listen as you share more about these experiences.
    Much love,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete